Level 1 Award in Health and Safety Course in a Construction Environment
Learn about the necessary health and safety responsibilities on site with our qualification in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
This online course is designed specifically for individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety in a construction environment, enabling them to work effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
· Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
· Importance to safe manual handling in the workplace
· Importance of working safely at height in the workplace
· Risks to health within a construction environment
· Importance of working around plant and equipment safely
Throughout this course, your knowledge and understanding will be assessed based on the below:
· Risk assessments and method statements
· Causes and implications of work-related accidents
· The terminology used in relation to health and safety at work
· The types of hazard/risk encountered in the workplace
· Accident reporting procedures
· Safe manual handling
· Correct processes for moving and storing materials
· Working at height
· Hazardous substances in the workplace
· The hazards associated with drugs and alcohol in the workplace
· The use and importance of personal protective equipment (PPE)
· The hazards/risks related to the use of plant and equipment
· Control measures to minimize hazards/risks relating to working around plant and equipment.